My skincare routine


Hello everyone!

I have posted my Hair care routine post almost three months ago, and it is still, to this day my most read post. That is why I decided to write about my skin care routine and tell you what I use, how I use it and when I use it. I don't use a lot of products on daily basis, because I tend to be as natural as possible in my skin care, but every once in a while I will use something more and really clean/condition/pamper my skin. Because I don't use a lot of products, I will not do my morning and night-time routine separately, but in one post. So let's get started :)

1. Washing my face

This is the first thing I do in the morning and at night. I wash my face using nothing but cold water, and it automatically starts my circulation. If I was wearing heavy makeup that day, I will use a tiny bit of a regular soap, just to break up the makeup and so that I can remove it more easily later. I don't use cleansers on daily basis, because my skin tends to get really dry, so additional stripping of natural oils is not working for me.

2. Moisturiser


This is the second and last part of my everyday routine. This part has changed a lot for me over the years. I have probably tried over 10 different face creams and none of them worked. Now I think I have found my favourite one, but still have an old night cream to use up. I used to use Nivea pure&natural Moisturising day care and Regenerating night cream, which was okay but a bit greasy (I still have the Night cream to use up), and recently I have tried a Green Line HydroMineral moisturizing cream for normal skin, which contains avocado extract and I love it! It is really light, sinks in very fast, and my skin has never felt so smooth! I really recommend trying this product, if you can find it!

Now let's turn to occasional steps:

3. Peeling-gel


Every 2-3 days I use a peeling-gel by Garnier Skin Naturals, called Fruit Energy Peeling-gel (everything on the label is in German, but I will try to tell you as much as I know about it). This is a very light cleanser/peeling. It's not as harsh as peelings can get, so I'm not worried about over-using it. It has really tiny grains and I use it in the shower as a cleanser, not as a peeling (because I don't really feel like it does a lot of peeling). It is for oily skin, which I don't believe is true, because I think any skin type can use this and not worry about it being too harsh (even oily skin shouldn't use products that are too harsh, because it only increases oil production). It has grapefruit and pomegranate extract and is supposed to shrink pores. Anyways, I think it's a nice cleanser to use once in a while, but I'm not the biggest fan.

4. Exfoliate


After I've had a night out and used heavier makeup, the next day in the shower, I will use Garnier Skin Naturals PureActive Intensive Exfobrusher Spot Fight (well that's a mouthfull). It is anti-shine, anti-spot, anti-marks with salicylic acid and herbarepair for oily spot-prone skin. Now, I've never had major skin problems, even when I was a teen I had a pimple here and there, and it would get a bit worse, then improve. That's exactly how my skin is right now, too, so I don't really need a spot fighting product that reduces shine, because I don't have oily skin, but I do like it for getting all the nastiness out of my pores after having makeup on for a very long time. It does feel tingly, so I think all of you with oily skin will really like it. But the brush at the top is really nice and really does help get all of the dirt from the pores and I love using it. However, I won't use it for more than once a week, it's a bit too harsh for me!

5. Micellar Water


Micellar waters were huge a few year ago (or was it a year, I'm not sure). So of course I had to get one, too. I was (and still am) a student, so I went for the cheapest version and bought the (again) Garnier Skin Naturals Micellar Cleansing Water for sensitive skin. It says it removes make-up, cleanses and soothes and there's no need to rinse it off; for face, eyes and lips, has no perfume and is a high tolerance formula. Of course, I use it mainly for removing makeup, and love it for that! It does take a bit longer to take off the mascara and eyeliner (especially if they're waterproof), hence the first step and washing my face with water to break everything up, but it does work wonderfully! Aside from using it to remove my makeup, I sometimes use it after washing my face if I feel like my skin is a bit dull or dirty, or needs just a little bit of care. So no matter how cheap it is, I love how it works (maybe the more expensive ones are better- I wouldn't know- but so far, this is good enough).

6. Almond oil


Since I've had some problems with dry skin on my legs, my dermatologist told me to use almond oil, and since I've bought it, I wanted to see what else can I use it for. That's when I found that you can use it as a face cleanser/toner/moisturiser and wanted to try. It said to put a few drops on a cotton pad and rub it into your skin like you would do with a toner and it was supposed to open my pores and clean my face. When I did what it said, I was so impressed with the results! The pad was dirty, and I've just cleansed my face with the Garnier peeling-gel I've mentioned earlier. Impressive! So now I do that about once or twice a month, I don't need it more often. And I do recommend it to people with oily skin as well! Don't be afraid of using oils on your skin! And don't rinse it of right away, let it sit on your face a bit and hydrate it, your skin will be nice and soft and happy and healthy!

7. Face mask


Now this face mask I've been raving about, and I still am raving about it! It's amazing how this helps my skin and how my skin feels after using it! It is by Avon Clearskin pore penetrating Black Mineral Mask with 0.5% of salicylic acid as active ingredient. I really don't have enough words to describe this, so I'm not going to- I am going to show you! I put a layer over my skin so that my skin doesn't see through, but not too thick and when it turns gray I wash it off using a warm cloth. Here is a before and after picture:






I know the picture is not the greatest quality, but I couldn't do any better. But I hope you can see little black dots on the right- this is all the dirt that came out. Impressive, huh?

I hope it says enough for you to try it! Not expensive, just find an Avon Lady and take it! You won't regret it! I use this once a month, sometimes even less often than once a month, so it lasts me quite a long time! Talk about saving money!

8. Ionic silver


This is the last step and I do it when I remember to- but I will spritz some ionic silver on my face and let it sink. I don't feel like this step is obligatory, or even neccessary, but I do it so... I am letting you know. I'm not even sure if it does something for my skin or not, but my skin has been pretty good to me lately, so I'm gonna give it to the combination of all of the above, including the ionic silver. Not much to say, some love it, some trash it- and I'm still not sure. Some say it's amazing, some say it's toxic... I don't use it often, but I do use it, so I guess not a lot of harm can be done? Tell me if you know more.






Which products do you use in your skincare routine? Do you use any of the products I've mentioned above? 

I hope you can tell I've tried a bit harder around my photos :) I hope you like them! I'm really excited about bringing my blog to a new level! Let me know what you think.

Have a great week!
See you soon xx

Labels: ,