Easy and Wearable Rainbow Makeup for Spring || MAKEUP TUTORIAL

Hello everyone!

It's spring at last. Even though the weather outside is not very spring-like, I'm excited, because I know the sun is right around the corner and the winter is over. You may, or may not know, that I love colors. Either on my eyes, or on my clothes. Today I am bringing you a super fun and colorful look for spring. I hope you enjoy it :)

You may have noticed the photo at the very top of my blog, where I have my rainbow makeup look. It's one of my favorite looks to do and wear, it's easy, doesn't take too much time and you can adapt it according to the outfit you're wearing. It can be very dressed up, or very punk and cool looking. But, in any case, it's definitely wearable, unlike the most colorful makeup looks you see on the runway and think... who would ever wear that? This is very wearable, even for the every day makeup :)



If you want to know how to recreate this look, just keep on reading :)

I am using an Elf 100 eyeshadow palette, which is super fun and colorful. Perfect for every season! Since I love colors on my eyes so much, I always mix and match colors I'm using, so I decided to show you exactly the shades I've used to get this look :)

Left picture is 3 orange shades I've used for crease, middle one is inner corner and my brow bone, and the last is gold
Here, the first one is red (kind of pinky toned), then purple, green and blue
I'm sorry if you can't really see all the shades I've marked for you, but you can use any shade you want to, and the crease color can change according to the outfit you're wearing. I've had orange, gold and mint so far, and they all worked great.

Besides the palette, I also used:

 
Benefit Air Patrol eyelid primer, which is absolutely amazing, and really does conceal the natural color of my,
         lids, cancelling the redness, and that way, making all the colors more vibrant. It's really pigmented.
Essence kajal pencil in 04 white as a white base
Melem pinky-purple eyeliner pencil, for my waterline
Alverde Naturkosmetik Eyeliner
Maybelline the Colossal Volum' Express Smoky Eyes mascara

(As always, you can use whatever products you like, as well as change the colors.)


Now, I am not sure about you, but whenever I do my makeup, I like to do my crease first, and then go back to it after the rest of the shadow is in place. Today I'm going with orange, applying it to the crease, and blending until perfect and with no harsh lines.


After that, I applied a white pencil as a base on the lid, up to the crease, but not over it. This will be a great base for all the colors I am going to apply, making them more vibrant.


Then I took a brush, and blended the pencil, until it was nice and smooth.


The next step is packing (and I really mean it, packing) eyeshadow one by one on the lid vertically. I used a light, slightly shimmery champaigne color in my inner corner, then gold, orange, red, purple, green and blue on the outer corner. There's going to be quite a lot of fall out, so make sure you don't do the rest of your face until the eyemakeup is done.


When applying colors, you don't have to be super precise, just make sure you stay on the lid, and not into the crease. After that I went back into the crease with the orange shade, then I took a clean brush, and went into each color, blended it a bit and blurred the lines.


I had to go back in with colors, until the shade and the vibrancy was good enough, and I was pleased with the result.


I finished the look by appling some of the orange on my lower lash line, the same champaigne color on my brow bone, appling a very thin line of black eyeliner, some purple eyeliner on the outer part of my water line and finally... mascara! :)



I am quite happy with the result :) I think playing with makeup like that can really have amazing results...
Here is my look of the day:





And that's it! Do you like this makeup? Do you like wearing colorful makeup? What are your favorite colors to wear? Will you try to do this look yourself?


Thank you for reading!
See you soon xx

Labels: , ,