What Happened in 2015 and My 2016 Goals

Hello everyone!





I am writing this post to remind myself of how amazing this past year was. I've done a lot of cool things, went to many cool places, spent time with amazing people, started a blog and had the most amazing opportunities (yes, these are partly connected).

This is how we welcomed 2015 :)


Firstly, I would like to thank Kim, Lauren, Kay, Linda.Libra.Loca and Olena for being here, supporting me, showing support and commenting on every single post! It was fun seeing those first comments, but seeing people return was amazing and you guys were the first ones to do so, so thank you <3

New Year's Eve December 31 2014 Zagreb city square

The year 2015 started on a pretty boring note. I was going around doctors for quite a long time, not being able to find out what was wrong with me, or my skin, but I decided not to worry as much and things are more than great now that I don't stress about it.

A bunch of exams in January and February, as well as a bunch of papers I had to write.

For Valentine's Day, my BF came to Zagreb and spent a week with me and got me my first MAC lipstick and I was super happy about that! We had an amazing time together, ate at a Chinese restaurant, met up with some friends and went to see 50 Shades of Grey (he wanted to go, so don't attack me for bringing him to see such a girly movie :D ).

Then, on April 21, I decided to get back to blogging, and that was the best decision this year :) And even though I had virtually no views (80 in April and then 353 in May- and these were mostly me :D ), I really enjoyed writing.

Finally, at the end of May, I started writing for Cafe.hr, which is a Croatian portal. It all went up from there. I still didn't have that many views (they started to grow in August), but in October I hit 1984 views and I was so happy about that.

My boyfriend and I went on a vacation on the Croatian coast for 16 days and it was amazing (just like everything else when we're together :)


In July we went to Belgrade to see Robbie Williams' concert. Even though it was filled with bad luck (or whatever you want to call it), the trip was amazing and we would love to go back some day :)


Meanwhile, I received my first PR package from Essence, through Cafe.hr, which was another huge thing for me.


Sometime at the end of the summer, my boyfriend and I finally decided that we are going to London, we set the date (according to my uni schedule and exams) and a few weeks later booked a flight and accomodation. London is something I've wanted to see for more than 10 years now, so that really is a dream come true and I can't wait!

Then uni started again, which was more relaxed now, because I am taking only 3 classes this semester and 3 or 4 classes the next semester and I've started working at McDonald's. Now, even though it was kind of cool to work there, I just didn't feel like I fit in there. No one was telling me anything, I didn't know about things like staff meetings and parties, my feet were always so sore that I couldn't walk home after work.... But I've put up with all of that for 3 months.

However, just about a month ago I got a new job, which is kind of what I want to do in the future (teaching English) and I couldn't miss that, so December was the last month working at McDonald's and January will, hopefully, be the first month working at my new job.

December was also the month when I had the most views so far, which is 2000 and I was really happy about that!

It was also the month where I had my first series of #KellysDiyXmas, you can check out the last post here. But, it was also the month when I stopped writing for Cafe.hr. Even though I did enjoy it, I didn't see much of a difference, since they didn't really bring me any audience and they couldn't give me anything back for my writing. Even though I had been writing for more than 6 months for them, I decided not to write for free anymore.


Right around that time, I got an offer from the Born Pretty Store to review some of the items and get a code for 10% off for you guys (you can see that post here). It was the first time that a company actually contacted me. Can you imagine how happy I was?


The last weekend in Zagreb I spent with my boyfriend and we've had the most amazing time hanging out, eating, walking around Zagreb and doing some final Christmas shopping. We went home on the 20th and then came back to Zagreb on December 31 to celebrate New Year's and stayed til Sunday. Also amazing few days!

And so the New Year, 2016, came! And it's time to start all over again. It's snowing here, so not much can be done outside, so I hope I will be able to catch up on my studying for the finals and write a few posts. However, now it's time for me to share some of my goals with you :)


First are my blogging goals (and I'll make sure to share how I did at the end of the year):

1. Eventually start writing 3 posts a week regularly

2. Use social media more (at least twice a week each)

3. Interact more (with other bloggers, readers and brands)

4. Get your own domain

5. Reach 5 000 views a month

6. Get a camera

7. Start writing in Croatian again

8. Hit 1k followers on one or more social media

9. Plan more

10. Stick to those plans

11. Learn more about SEO and use it

12. Learn more about blogging overall

13. Go back to old posts and see what was good and what was bad about them

14. Write more personal posts


I'm sorry all of you OCD people, but I don't have another goal to have 15 instead of 14 :D



Personal goals

1. WORK OUT! (This one is so hard for me...)

2. Read more

3. Stress less about small things

4. Let go of people you don't need in life and don't regret it

5. Get excellent grades this year

6. Get in the Master's program you've wanted forever

7. Write my Thesis for Bachelor's degree by the end of May!

8. GO TO LONDON!!!!

9. Hang out with people more

10. Eat crappy food once a month only!

11. For every crappy meal more than once a month, drink one smoothie

12. Plan more

13. Make lists more

14. Be tidier (my room is somehow always a mess)

15. Use hand cream more

16. Study continuously, not the night before exams

17. Stop picking on my face

18. Clean out closet

19. Cook more

20. Think of a way to make all of these reality (this one will probably be the hardest)


There, you have 20 here! A perfect, round number :D

That's it for my goals and happenings. It's been a pretty darn good year. May we all have an even better one in 2016! :)

Now, I know that this post is more for me than it is for you, but maybe you can motivate me in some way for any of these, or share with me what motivates you? Because according to these plans, this will be a hell of a year :)

I promise to write something for you next time ;)

I wish you a happy, loving, healthy and a very successful year 2016 and I hope you stay here with me :) xx


Thank you for reading!
See you soon xx

Labels: